The Alumni Association shall be duty bound to meet and discuss any matters within the sphere of LU and transit recommendations arising out of such discussions to the University Council, Senate and other relevant committees.
The Strategic activities are;
- Promoting and popularize the image of Laikipia University
- Organizing community events and activities that are of value and add interest to the LU Community at large
- Pro-actively solicit for materials, financial and human resources in line with supporting LU reach its targets
- Foster motivation through honoring distinguished students, staff and exemplary alumni in the society in different areas of excellence.
- Assemble and maintain Alumni Association membership database including the publication of LU Alumni Association Newsletters and Magazines.
- Keep accurate records of the key events and milestones of the Association
- Liase with other Alumni associations to achieve aforementioned goals.
- Organise re-union meetings, Alumni days, football weekends, educational programmes, Alumni conferences, Campus visits, Scholars awards and Alumni Schools’ forums.
- Organize for attachment and internship for Laikipia University students in the industry.